I am officially extending the Job Search Website Experiment Deadline until January 31st, 2011.
Why? Because that is the deadline I have set for myself to land a new awesome job with an awesome business or organization. I’ve got some pretty sweet leads that I’m excited about pursuing.
Starting today, I am kicking my job search into high gear. Job searching is now my new full-time job. And I’m going to share my experiences with you every step of the way. I am doing this because I know there are plenty of you out there who are stressed, nervous, and fearful because you haven’t landed a job, you are afraid you will lose your job, or you feel “dead inside” or lacking in some way at your current job. Not to worry, my friend.
I am interviewing the top recruiters, hunting the web for the most effective job winning tricks, building up a team of supporters and advisers, and displaying all of it here on Love Your Work Life, just for you. A one-stop shop to land your dream job – better, faster.
Here is what I have for you so far:
Job Search Website Slideshow
Here are some examples of job search websites that worked! Of course, I threw mine in there as an example but it hasn’t worked yet. Honestly, I haven’t started promoting fully. I was waiting to finish my resume… which I just finished on Friday.
Are you building a job search website? Have one you want to show the world? Get more exposure! Leave a link to your job search website in the comments. I’ll add it to the slideshow!
How else can I beef-up my job search?
- Join me in the Job Search Website Experiment. People like Jen McCoy and Jason are landed their dream jobs in just weeks after launching and promoting their job search websites. Will it work for you, too? (You can see my job search website here.)
- Over haul your resume! Make it readable by the filtering robots and by people. Win on all fronts. People who used the Ridiculously Awesome Resume Service are getting jobs within 3 weeks. How much better do you think your odds will be if you double up the Job Search Website Experiment with a Ridiculously Awesome Resume???
- Listen to my free podcast interview with Job Jenny. She shares all kinds awesome job search info about resumes, finding jobs, and tools like LinkedIn.
- Listen to the podcast How to Find and Hire A-Players with Eric Herrenkohl. Learn what employers are looking for.
- Search for a job right here on Love Your Work Life. Have a job listing you’d like to offer? Take improving the economy into your own hands… post your job openings on Love Your Work Life!
- Learn to use LinkedIn like the recruiters!
- Try getting involved in the community at Brazen Careerist. Coming soon, Brett Kunsch and I are going to do a video tutorial on how to get involved in Brazen Careerist – better and faster. Stay tuned…
- Here are some other podcasts, articles, and Twitter chats you may find useful:
- Out of work. Out of options. Over the hill.
- 4 Steps to Ramp Up the Job Search Over Age 40 – But really, for any age!
That should be enough to keep you busy for a while.
Are you participating in the #JobSearchWebsite Experiment? If so, I want to hear from you! Please leave a comment and a link your your job search website.
Have you or someone you know landed a job in 3 weeks or less? Or do you have any awesome “outside-the-box” tricks that you have used to successfully land a job you love? If so, please tell us your story!