Press play to begin streaming audio or right click the text link and choose save as or save link.
[27:22 minutes - 26 MB] or
Who is Jenny Blake? The author of the new book Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want and the author of the blog LifeAfterCollege.org.
Jenny and I are “cut from the same cloth.” We have very similar backgrounds, current endeavors and interests. So, I am absolutely thrilled that she was able to take time and tell you guys about herself and about her awesome new book.
Jenny is an unbelievably positive and inspiring force. I was actually having a pretty tough day the day I recorded this interview with Jenny. I just couldn’t seem to “get things right” that day. After chatting to Jenny about her blog, her book, her lifestyle, and her journey, I felt incredible and ready to take on the world. I hope that you finish this podcast feeling the same way.
I also hope that you’ll pre-order her fantastic book, due out in late March. You can get it now at half the price on Amazon. I would also highly recommend that you subscribe to her blog LifeAfterCollege.org. If you are blogging and wanting to write a book, you would do well to follow her right now.
If you have friends or family that are in their twenties and/or about to graduate college, her blog and book have a wealth of information that will inspire them and hopefully make their lives quite a bit easier. Plus, Jenny rocks and you would enjoy following her anyway.
On this call we discussed:
- The story behind why Jenny started LifeAfterCollege.org.
- How Jenny got the courage to write a book.
- How she made time to write her book while working a full-time job.
- How she balances her life – full-time job, blog, author, yoga practice, coaching, dating, and all the other things she has going on.
- How her writing style developed on her blog.
- How to overcome the fear of publishing articles about our personal experiences and what results she got when she did it on her blog.
- What awesome stuff is in the book and how it can help someone make a much smoother transition into the “real world” after college.
- What’s Jenny will be up to at SXSWi 2011.
- Jenny shares tons more info and experiences on this call relevant to people who are dreaming of blogging, writing a book, and/or acclimating to life after college.
Let Jenny and me know what you think of the podcast! We’d love to hear from you!