In this shaky economy, employed Americans are urged to hunker down, work twice as hard — and count their blessings for having a job. But what can you do if you’re unhappy at work and have no alternative but to stay put?
Lynda has developed a wide variety of strategies to help make working environments less stressful and more harmonious. She reveals these and many others in her book, Simple Wisdom for the Not So Simple Business World , which recently won a Living Now Book Award in the meditation/stress relief category, plus four book awards from independent publishers’ associations.
In this interview, Lynda reminds us that “dreams really do come true” and shares creative tips for losing the “miserable at work” blues. You’ll hear experience from her personal life as well as powerful ideas and secrets from her book such as:
- What it’s like to own a wellness center.
- What Reiki is and what it’s like to experience and teach it in different places.
- How to stay in a loving and compassionate place in your work life and for the rest of your days.
- What it feels like to be excited and thrilled to go to work and how you can, too.
- Why she wrote the book Simple Wisdom for the Not So Simple Business World.
- Why “humans respond to the call of beauty.”
- The average person will spend 10,000 hours in their workplace (which is unfortunate, because the majority of Americans can’t stand their jobs).
- Simple tips for calming your mind and bringing joy back into your job.
- Why putting up with a bad boss can actually be good for your health.
- Why looking for that perfect job is counterintuitive.